Good Councillor's GuideNW
Teynham News Magazine
Honorary Freeman of the Parish
The Website of Teynham Parish Council
Teynham Parish Council
“The Meadow”, Belle Friday Close, Teynham
Byelaws made by the Council of Teynham under Section 164 of the Public Health Act 1875 all other powers them enabling with respect to pleasure ground.
1. (1) These byelaws apply to “The Meadow”, Belle Friday Close, Teynham and hereafter referred to as ‘the ground’.
(2) Notice of the effect of these byelaws shall be given by signs placed in
conspicuous positions in or near the pleasure ground.
(1) In these byelaws: “the Council” means the Teynham Parish Council.
(2) For the purpose of these byelaws the keeper of the dog shall be deemed in charge thereof, unless the dog had been placed in or taken into the charge of some other person at the time when an offence under these byelaws had been committed.
(3) In paragraph (2) above “the keeper” shall include the owner of the dog or any person who habitually has it in his possession.
Dogs prohibited from the ground
(1) No person in charge of a dog [other than an assistance dog (as defined in section
37A (9) of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 c 50) accompanying the person they are designed to assist] shall, without reasonable excuse, permit the dog to enter or remain in the ground.
(2) Paragraph 3(1) shall not prohibit the Council from giving permission for a dog to enter and remain in the ground or such part or parts of it as the Council may stipulate and for such duration and purposes as the Council may permit.
(3) An officer of the Council or any constable may require a person in charge of a dog which has entered the ground to remove the dog from the ground.
Removal of offenders
4. Any person offending against byelaw 3 (1) may be removed from the ground by
any officer of the Council or any constable.
5. Any person offending against byelaw 3(1) shall be liable on summary conviction
to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.
Given under our hands and seal this Fourteenth Day of December 2004
Signed: B.P. Sharman, B.SC. C.Eng. FIEE, FIMarE. (Chairman)
Signed: W.F.J. Lewis, FRICS (Vice-Chairman)
Members of the Teynham Parish Council.
The foregoing byelaws are hereby confirmed by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on 5 October 2005 and shall come into force on
1 November 2005 (the first day of the following month).
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Ivor Llewelyn, Head of Local Environmental Quality Division –
on behalf of the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Copies of these Byelaws can be obtained from:
The Clerk to Teynham Parish Council
Charge: 20p per copy
Published and Printed by Teynham Parish Council 2005